Advocacy on Peace and Security Related Policies
APFO’s vision for sustainable peace and security in Africa means that peace initiatives and processes constitute a key element of its work and the organization therefore participates in and supports peace initiatives and processes in the Horn of Africa sub-region.
We continue to support the development of policies aimed at enhancing peace and security in the Horn of Africa region. In Kenya, APFO has been instrumental in the development of the National Peace-building Policy and the Kenya National Action Plan for the control and management on the proliferation of illicit small arms and light weapons.
Our programs seek to:
- Promote the objective of peace and security through participating in and/or supporting peace initiatives and processes
- Initiate and support partnerships for peace at national and regional levels
- Strengthen dialogue and consultations between civil society and state actors
- Promote the engendering of peace initiatives and processes and especially in the context of UN resolution 1325, and
- Promote track two diplomacy.